Sunday, June 22, 2014

Adventures in Virginia


We first stayed in Williamsburg, Virginia and had breakfast in Aromas Cafe.



It consisted of a cafe and a shop in the corner.



Throughout the cafe were humorous signs adding a very relaxed feel to the restaurant. 


I ordered a brie-stuffed french toast and a spiced chai latte and it was AMAZING!


Then we stopped by the Peanut Shop...


...which, naturally, sold peanuts...and A LOT of peanuts.



Where we were was so beautiful and I highly recommend everyone to go there.



For dinner I went to a french bistro and had a delicious rack of lamb with snap peas, asparagus, and the best mashed potatoes I have ever eaten.


For my dessert, I had a burnt sugar ice cream which was very unique and it was not very sweet and a little on the bitter side which is exactly what I like because I find ice cream (and desserts in general) a little too sweet for me. 


The next day we went to Charlottesville and went to a very long pedestrian-only strip mall which had very nice unique boutiques and restaurants. 


For lunch I stopped by one of the restaurants in the area and I sat outside because it was too good of a day to spend any second indoors. It's kind of weird but I had to take a picture of my water glass because it was blue and it contrasted beautifully with the white table.

I had pasta with meatballs, scallops, spinach, scallions, tomatoes, cheese and a bunch of other stuff, and, as predicted, it was fantastic. 



Afterwards we stopped by Monticello, which was the house of Thomas Jefferson and it is so beautiful  that I could not resist but take a bunch of pictures. What I am posting is only an extremely small fraction of what I actually took of the house because this blog would just be very overwhelming. 





Before the tour of the home, we went on a self-guided tour of his garden and vegetable garden which is beautiful. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take pictures of the inside of his house but I still highly recommend visiting because it is beautiful, fascinating, historic, and breath-taking.

Virginia is an amazing state full of history and culture and I highly recommend visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment